Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Cationic Guar) - Shampoo Conditioner
A Conditioner and Thickener for personal care products
Conquat - GLX is a high molecular weight, derivatised
Cationic Biopolymer derived, grafted & modified from all
natural source. Conquat-GLX has excellent viscosity build
up and both hair & skin conditioning properties.Generic
Name : Guar Hydroxypropyl trimoniumchloride
Appearance : Off-white to light yellow color powder.
pH of 1% soln. : 7 ± 1
Moisture : 11% max.
Viscosity of 1% soln. : 1,000 cps
(Measured by Brookfield Viscometer, RVT Model, Speed 20, Spindle
No.4, Temp. 30'C)
• Ideal Thickener for clear conditioning shampoos.
• Compatible with electrolytes.
• Imparts excellent conditioning properties and substantiality
to the hair and skin.
• Quick build up of viscosity.
• Good lubricating properties. Excellent moisturization
and smooth feel to the skin when
incorporated in creams, gels lotions and body washes.
• Excellent clarity of the solution.
• Good emollient properties, curl retention and overall
• Stable over wide range of pH.
• Exhibits pseudo plastic behavior.
• No build up on hair
• Allows formulations requiring pumpability and sprayability.
Preparation of Conquat-GLX : It is advised
to prepare the Conquat-GLX solution in Hot water for faster
dissolution & Hydration. Add gradually Conquat - GLX in
Hot water under high speed stirring. Avoid formation of lumps
Conquat– GLX solution can also be formed in Cold water.
But the Stirring time has to be increased. If required, viscosity
development can be accelerated by addition of a mild acid
like Citric Acid or Acetic Acid to a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 to this
fully dispersed Conquat-GLX.
Recommended Dosage : generally 0.50 - 1 %
on the weight of the formulation.
Applications: Shampoos, Conditioners, Lotions
& Creams Shelf
Life : 6 months.